Humming Bird Pistols
Came across this link to a pair of Humming bird pistols sold at Christies in Janeva.
These pistols made in 1820 are only 2 of 6 known to exist. Theese are intricately decorated and when triggered, a tiny moving humming bird pops out of the barrel.
Here is another Steampunk tune from Abney park but this one is special as it features an AMV of scenes from the film Steamboy.
Just come across the dummbed russian steampunk video.
Airships and dragons? who cares about the dub.
Well I am honoured to have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger award and doubly honoured as she say I got her into blogging. Wow thanks, I don’t think I get get my ego through a door now.
I must confess to not reading many of her blog posts as I am hopeless with poems and rhymes as I can never get the timing correct when reading them.
Here are the rules:
Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
Announce your win with a post. Make sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers.
Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post.
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Seven Interesting Things about Me:
- Did very Poorly in school,
- Sat GCSE English exam a second time to prove I could get a double “C” grade instead of double “F” !
- I struggle with English But am learning Japanese!
- Currently written the first drafts of two books out of the three that will make up my first trilogy!
- Before 2012 I had never started writing a book.
- I have a few screws loose in my nogging ( Well don’t all book authors have a few loose screws!).
- At 33 I’m still easily distracted … ouu squirrel.
Here are my nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award! Congratulations, these are versatile and talented bloggers:
- http://hackaday.com – A group of electronics bloggers who run an amazing electronic blog and who got me back into electronics.
- Creative Writing with the Crimson League. – Provided me with some useful thought processes of late.
- CommuniCATE – Another source of inspiration of Late.
- Christine Blackwell – The one who voted me for this award, And credits me with her joining up to wordpress.
- Plotting bunnies – Another source of inspiration.
- Randolph Lalonde – One of my favourite book authors at the moment. The author of the SCI-Fi book series Spinward Fringe.
And this is where I get stuck. I don’t have many blogs that I follow so don’t have many to vote up. I hope this doesn’t disqualify me.
I’m waiting of the first two to be proof read and started work on the third.
This one will end the current trilogy (well the MC will be written out for a while.) but while I write this I have a side trilogy with the first two books covering events from this one while expanding it from the viewpoint of other Characters.
Book three will be the start of a dark time for the MC, Due to the events of others, darkness will claim his soul and he will turn to the dark side.
To be honest, when I started writing all those years ago, I didn’t think that my idea will grow so big, now I am starting to feel a bit baffled by the scope of my world.
Do other writers feel this way?
Abney Parks new Album will be out on September the 7th and for our viewing Pleasure they have released a video from one of the songs .
Abney Park : The circus at the end of the world.
After writing reaching a target of 40,000 words for the NaNoWriMo Camp. I received a 50% Discount on Scrivener by https://www.literatureandlatte.com
I see a lot of positive comments about this program so I thought I would give it a try.
On first opening, I am a little baffled on how to use it. There is so much information that can be filled in about one books and so many notes that can be made without it being added to the book it self. I have been happy using Pages 09 so far but Scrivener makes Pages look like a notepad app.
I am slowly working my way through various functions of the program and I will keep going.
Anyway the first drafts are being proof read atm so I can start working on the next books. I have started making notes book one will involve a airship battle and the other,
Well it will be a dark book indeed.
See you in port next time Airship captains.
Well just came across this Artis and I like the song.
Alice’s Night Circus – Curious World
Well as much as I need a rest, my misfiring synapse and crying out to write more.
Book 2.5 – Shelly Lee, continues the story of the crew of the Aether Shadow after James leaves and finished just after book 3 starts.
Book 3 – The Black Diary, Is the end to the James’s story. He does not get killed, but his part in all this come to a temporary end.
Over all, this world has 15 books planned over several sub series that intertwine with each other. There is also two prequel series that will cover the younger years of James building up to the events of the The Diaries of James Purcell.
That’s all I can say for now, as the keyboard calls out to me.
See you in port soon Airship Captains!