I still haven’t fixed the formatting of the paperback (still have dpi resolution issues) and Book 2 is way behind target.
The rewrite of Book 1 Æther Shadow passed 34K tonight and well on its way to passing the 60K mark, so much new material has been added to it that now makes it a story. I hadn’t considered the missing parts when I wrote the original version, but the new version now add more depth to the characters and the plot. I have also pulled a massive section that just felt out of place.
I may finish by December, but I am sure that it will miss its planned All Hallows eve release date.
Disclaimer: this has nothing to do with the abysmal film to hold the Biggles name!
I love old books but scared to read them for fear of damaging them. Having come into possession of several box’s filled with the books I have started to read through them and have to say that even though I am a fan of Sci-Fi and fantasy, I am now a fan of the books. My own work is set in the alternative victorian timeline but to sit a read books set during world war one is refreshing.
I would just like to thank all those people who have sat down, read the books and written out the reading order lists.
This actually turned out to be a couple of issue that caused the problem that drove me crazy. The first was (may not supposed to have an effect but did anyway) Was chapter Lables. Chapter Labels
I only had the Chapter Label set on a few of the chapters and it turned out that it was the unset one causing the issue.
The next issue was in the compiling stage.
When compiling for Kindle (.mobi) I had previously selected “Generate Html table of contents” and this connected to the lable issue caused the corrupt TOC which had paragraphs for toc items!
I unselected this and selected “Use flat list of contents in Navigation controls (NCX)” and now with my custom TOC everything compiles properly and menu items work on the kindle app!